The spring of 2021 was a very exciting time for Benjamin Michael. The German Association for the Blind and Partially-Sighted had organised the first International Low Vision Song Contest, which just as this one, was sponsored by Amazon. After a surprising win at the German preliminaries he came in fourth in the international competition that can still be viewed on the Youtube channel of the DBSV.
“The song is about giving yourself hope and comfort when times are hard”, says Benjamin, the composer and performer of this glam-disco-rock-ballad.
Now, after having released the single in this version it is time to share the joy and hear what other producers can do with all those Things!
Morph and tweek to push the peek
Vocode and pitch - D’you know how it’s done?
Whatever you do - please have some fun!
Get the Stems and make your own remix
Terms & Conditions
- You must be 18 years or older to claim any prizes.
- Your remix must include at least ten seconds of the vocal stems.
- You must register with a valid e-mail address and your correct name. Artist names are also welcome and will appear in the social media posts, the YouTube stream and the release if you are one of the winners.
- Your remix must not be longer than five minutes.
- You must own the rights to all sounds, samples, and plugins you use for the production.
- You understand that by joining the competition and downloading the stems you do not get the right to publish, share or distribute them. This applies to the audio as well as the midi tracks. This right remains with Chomin Music but is negotiable.
- If your remix is one of the three winners, Chomin Music will release it as a single with the three versions. The three winners receive 20% of the earnings each, with Chomin receiving the remaining 40%. If you do not accept these terms, another remix might be chosen for the release, but you would still get the Amazon Echo.
- By joining the competition, you agree that your entry might be heard, shared, talked about, and possibly judged on this page, Facebook, Instagram, and a YouTube stream show, where the results will be published.
- Entering this contest is free.
- In connection with the contest and after registering, you may download, reproduce, edit, and create derivative works of the stem to create an original audio remix of the stem. To avoid any doubts, the copyright and all other rights, title and interest in and to the stem and any underlying musical compositions embodied in the stems provided by Benjamin Michael are owned and controlled by Benjamin Michael only. The stems are provided for the sole purpose of the Remix Contest. No further rights are granted in the Stems or vested in you by the act of downloading the stems.
- The selection of the winners follows in two steps. The first is public and everybody can vote. The second will be a jury that selects the three winners from the top ten of the public vote. When the entry closes there will be a two-day break before the voting begins.The public vote is open between Monday, 24 Jan 2022 and Friday, 28 Jan 2022 and the link for the straw poll will be distributed to all participants via e-mail, on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, where the top ten tracks will be published as audio videos for the duration of the contest. The winners will be asked for their contact details via e-mail so they can receive their prize and be asked for their consent to release.
- The organiser may change, revise and alter the contest and the terms and conditions at its own discretion. Such changes will be made public here on this page.
- The contest is open to everybody worldwide.
- German law applies because Chomin is based in Germany.
- Chomin and Benjamin Michael will own all rights, titles, and interests in and to your entry for the duration of the applicable copyright.
- You must upload the remix as a wav-file without meta-data with a bit-rate of 1411 kbit/s, sample Size 16 bit, and a sample Rate of 44.100 kHz.
- Elimination: participants who submit their remix version with an incorrect name, e-mail address, and use of unauthorised audio material or non-ownership of rights will be eliminated from this and all future contests by Chomin. The non-compliance with the rules above will lead to dismissal. Benjamin Michael and Chomin further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that they believe infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, or the rights related to the song itself.
- Ownership: by entering this contest, you agree that any intellectual property, including, without limitation, works of copyright, created in connection with the Entry (collectively, the “Works”), will be wholly owned by Benjamin Michael, and that Benjamin Michael may use the Works in any and all media, now or in the future. This release may be up to one year after the contest and the links to Spotify, Apple Music, etc. will be sent via e-mail to the three winners and promoted on social media. If none of the entries meet the required criteria, Chomin reserves the right to not award any prize. Chomin takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparation of materials you submit to this competition.The participant cannot infringe or violate any third party’s right, for example in downloading and using the stems illegally or for personal use.
- Additional Rules. Chomin is not liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged entries, prizes, or contest informations. Chomin reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest for the reasons mentioned above.
- If you make a remix that does not win the contest, you may publish it on a free music platform like YouTube or SoundCloud, as long as it is after the contest is over and it is non-commercial.
- Instagram, Facebook and YouTube have nothing to do with the contest and are not available as contacts in this regard.